A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CENTRAL FILIPINO SDA CHURCH
The Central Filipino Seventh-day Adventist Church was organized on September 21, 1957 at Wilmington, California. It was formed to nurture the spiritual and fellowship needs of Filipino immigrants in the Los Angeles area and to reach out to those who have not yet had a personal relationship with God.
After a speedy and steady growth, the church moved to a larger facility in neighboring Compton. But the new location also was out-grown by the fast growing congregation and they moved to York Boulevard in Highland Park.
In the 1980's, the church saw the need of relocating to a new and bigger place. It took many years to realize this dream and in December, 1991, the building project was completed and the church moved to its present home. Inauguration ceremonies for the new facility were held on April 18-19, 1992.